John Battelle, a seasoned Google expert, talked on October 13, 2011 in Bloomberg Television interview about the current status quo of Google, and where the company is heading. Battelle makes two key arguments: 1) Google is a strong player in the mobile market and continues to grow its search business for mobile users, especially the Android market, and 2) Google+ is not only a social network but a systematic effort by Google to increase user loyalty and fluidity between all Google’s products and services.
In summary, the key points made about Google by Battelle are:
- Google has managed to gather mobile ecosystem to their benefit
- Google search business continues to grow; Google is now focused on developing AdSense for mobile
- With Google+ , Google is moving beyond search to social media and media in general
- Google is a relevant contestant against Apple in the mobile market
- Google wants to be “the operating system of your life”
- Google+ is the mortar between all Google’s services: Chrome, Android, Google apps etc
© 2011. Meri Kuusi-Shields / Interaria. All rights reserved.