Search Engine Optimization is not a static process that only takes place on your website and with its code. Many clients don’t know that it is not enough just to make sure that all keywords and meta tags are optimized, but it is at least equally important to make sure that your company’s website comes across as a valuable resource on the Web for relevant information. The more your company’s website and its text content is regarded as established with unique tone and approach, the higher the likelihood for higher ranking results. Valuable links from authoritative websites pointing to your site and mindful link building will help your company to reach higher ranking results in search engines. Dallas web design & SEO agency Interaria recommends that you get to know five crucial aspects that impact on your website’s search engine ranking.
The Power of Link Building – 5 Things You Should Know
1) Know the Concept of "Google Page Rank"Google continually indexes all websites and calculates a page rank for each website on a scale of 0 to 10. The higher the page rank, the higher the regarded status as a resource in the Web. New websites typically start from a page rank 0 and then move gradually upward. Page rank 4, 5, 6 or higher is generally considered a good rank that shows that the website is recognized and has relevant network of backlinks. For the page rank 9, the website is typically an established new media source and resources such as Twitter and LinkedIn; page rank 10 is reserved for only a few well known news websites, institutional websites or websites with a significant status-quo such as White House, Google, CNN, BBC, MSNBC, Government of India...to name few.
There are many websites such as http://www.prchecker.info/ where you check your website’s page rank. In modern browsers you can also install a toolbar that automatically displays and updates search engine ranking data such page rank by each url.
2) Be a True Resource – Develop Relevant Unique ContentNow that you know your company’s page rank the obvious question is how to improve it. Mindful quality link building should be taken seriously. Interestingly, your company can get best results by actually focusing on your website’s content vs. scanning through "low quality" websites for links. Ask yourself, if I was a web master of another website, would I place a link to this website? What would be the purpose of that link? What unique, relevant information or resources has been provided on this page? If you know an organization that might want to point a link to your site or specific page, you can certainly send an inquiry or request (but before asking, please check to make sure that Google considers them a valuable source).
Follow Google’s advise and focus on the quality, not quantity. As Google puts it: "The more useful content you have, the greater the chances someone else will find that content valuable to their readers and link to it. Before making any single decision, you should ask yourself the question: Is this going to be beneficial for my page’s visitors" (Source: http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=66356)
3) Make Linking to Your Website EasyIntegrated social media widgets on your website can help to increase links to your website. For instance, letting visitors to "tweet" a link to your website, share an article, make a "like" note to their Facebook page generate links and interest. It sets an interactive tone and shows that your company cares about being a valuable resource, and wants to encourage an exchange of information and opinions. An easy way to start content sharing is integrating a blog to your website. Integrating content sharing tool bars and applications to map and share the entire content on your site requires typically services by a Web professional.
4) Be Active on Social Media WebsitesSocial Media is a relatively new and exciting way to establish your website as a valuable resource. For one, social media websites generally speaking have a high Google page rank and they are practically household names. As long as your company’s social media policy follows set user guidelines and supports your company’s own brand and marketing messaging, you are good to go. Active use of Twitter and Facebook for instance, create you instantly valuable backlinks.
Set actively your website’s content to a social media ecosystem by sharing key articles in article resource websites such as Digg or Stumble Upon. If you have a visual portfolio you can post it to Behance.net and then interlink it with your LinkedIn page. For sharing your company's presentations or press releases consider file sharing websites such as SlideShare.net or Box.net.
Google’s new search engine Google Caffeine indexes activity in social media in almost real time.
5) Don’t Forget Deep LinkingDiversifying links pointing to your website is like diversifying your stock portfolio. Different pages on your website typically have a different set of key words. Overall this may result to higher search ranking results and more traffic to your website. Your company can encourage deep linking with social media share tools, and by creating a unique purpose and identity for each page.
Internal deep linking will also help Google index your site better and visitors access and share needed information. In this context, it is important that each page in your website is accessible from the menu bar (no dead ends or difficult corners) and that the your company’s brand message and key information is carried through on each page, and not only left for the Home page.
Dallas SEO agency Interaria would be delighted to discuss further your company’s search engine strategy & optimization needs. Please contact us in Dallas 214-909-3900 or use our online form to reach us.
• For Dallas Web Design and Search Engine Consulting Services,
Please call 214-909-3900
For general inquiries please email
Custom Web Application Development Using a Model-View-Controller (MVC) Framework
In this blog post we discuss the use of a Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework in the [...]
New Winds For Cross-Device Compatible Interactivity
Mobile and tablet devices not supporting the Flash player plugin have contributed to the overall [...]
New Website Launch: DQ Estimating
DQ Estimating is an Austin, Texas based development company of a professional estimating software system [...]
Improve Your Website’s Performance by Utilizing Google’s Web Analytics
Interaria recommends all of our clients to sign up for Google Analytics (provided by Google [...]
For Higher Results, More Customers
Interaria is a modern SEO company that takes a 360 degree approach to SEO with [...]
Keyword Phrase Search Results Indexing
The key take: if you want your website to show up for a specific keyword [...]
Infographic: Ten Reasons For a Mobile Site
Check out point 8: Smartphone users have higher than average income. If your regular site [...]
Google+ Improves Layout Design, User Interfaces and Overall Site Usability
Google+ has launched a redesign of its pages with an emphasis on much needed improvements [...]
Pinterest User Base is Growing Fast and Brands Are in The Game
Image sharing social media site Pinterest, that started in 2010, is boasting some impressive numbers [...]