According to a recent study “Consumer Perceptions of Online Registration and Social Login” conducted by Kelsey Goings and Paul Abel for Janrain, 77% of consumers prefer a social login and registration system over a traditional process of creating a member account online.
Although Twitter is now also offering some social login integration options, at the forefront of this trend is Facebook with its Facebook API web application code language. By using Facebook API code libraries web developers can integrate website registration and login systems to correspond with Facebook App permissions to access users Facebook password and profile details during their registration process. This password and profile information can then be used on the website independent of Facebook.
Our web development team at Interaria sees the following benefits with Facebook integrated social login and registration systems:
- A User Loyalty: A social login system increases use loyalty with its conveninece factor: a user may rely to the same password across different sites that require My Account.
- Registration Process is Faster: A user who registers through a Facebook integrated form doesn’t need to type in his/her name, birth date, location, and other data that has already been collected by Facebook.
- No Compromises on the Collected Member Information: Using Facebook API doesn’t mean that the registrar information needs to be limited only to the member information variables that Facebook collects. A user registration form can be coded with additional questions and options that are designed according to the site’s business model. In other words, choosing to offer a social registration system doesn’t mean that the site owner needs to make compromises on the collected user information.
- Activity Updates: Actions taken in the member site can be posted directly to a member’s Facebook wall. Let’s say a user makes a donation for a good cause. A user may be given an option to have this information automatically streamed to his/her Facebook wall.
- Modern Genre: Social Login and Registration System sets a website on a modern path by sending a message of a company that respects its users’ time and understands the latest wave of the social media integrated Internet.