First, before going further, what is a walled garden, exactly? Wiki states that “a walled garden refers to a carrier’s or service provider’s control over applications, content, and media on platforms (such as mobile devices) and restriction of convenient access to non-approved applications or content.” Continue reading Empowered Online Shoppers In A Modern Walled Garden?
As many of you may know, Dallas Web Design Company Interaria is a REGISTERED iOS Apple developer. Our love for the iPhone manifests on and off work. Below are our favorite iPhone apps that we find useful, entertaining and occasionally even practical.
PolyTune is an innovate tool to use for tuning your guitar. Unlike other guitar tuners, PolyTune let’s you strum all strings at once to tune rather than needing to go string by string. Our top reasons why we like Polytune iPhone App:
- $4.99 (OK, we can pay this)
- Innovative tool because when strumming once all strings at the same time and getting feedback on all strings at once, you can then tune faster by tuning more than one string per interval.
- Gives an immediate visual indication as to how in tune the guitar is as a whole, rather than the string by string approach.
- Often times you know from playing that one string alone might be slightly out, and this tool is a great way to quickly identify which string is out verses going string by string.
If Verizon FiOS is your tv service provider, and you use their DVR service too, you can use this app to schedule recordings and manage available recording space on your DVR. Our top reasons why we like Verizon FiOS DVR Manager iPhone App:
- Free (only works with Verizon FiOS DVR)
- Managing DVR is easier and faster from app than from the tv interface (which is a horrible experience by comparison)
- If you’re out and about and forgot to record a show, app makes it easy to update from anywhere
If you have two iPhones on the same .me account, Find My iPhone is a handy way to track one with the other. Our top reasons why we like Find My iPhone App:
- Free (unlike the AT&T and many other GPS tracking service)
- If you lose an iPhone or lose a person with an iPhone (such as at a large mall), this app comes in very handy.
- Doesn’t require the iPhone being tracked to grant permission to be tracked, unlike other GPS tracking services
The eBay application for the iPhone is specially designed to run natively on the Apple iPhone and the iPod Touch. Using a streamlined interface that’s as elegant as it is practical, eBay members can search, bid, and check their activity on the go. Our top reasons why we like Ebay iPhone App:
- Easy to use and so convenient
- Great tool to place bids when on the go
- If you are a seller, this app provides the basic tools to keep track of your listings and their status.
- Ebay also offers a special app for sellers. It is still little tricky to use. Listing items via iPhone is possible but the visual control is not quite there yet. We would still recommend traditional methods for listing items.
PLAY FOR THE PURSUIT OF FUN! Show off what you know in this contemporary version of the classic board game. Our top reasons why we like Trivial Pursuit iPhone App:
- If you get annoyed with by slow family members who take forever to roll the dice, count the steps, take out the question card (from the wrong side), then place it wrongly back to the deck…then this app is for you.
- Makes playing easy to start, and in a way is a more quiet way to play. We’ve noticed that it is easy to play a round at a coffee break
- The app let’s you choose questions from multiple type of packs (easy, medium, senior, encyclopedia etc.)
- The downside is that the questions start repeating after awhile… or maybe we’ve just played too many rounds